Saturday, May 16, 2009

Time To Get Serious

As the title of the blog suggests, I've been a dabbler in the things of life. And, the important stuff, I've managed to avoid completing.

I've always mean't to lose 30 pounds.

(Which has morphed into 60 over the years)

I've always mean't to write the Great American Whatever. Depending on my muse at the time, it was either a play, novel, or a great cinematic masterpiece.

(Fortunately, I never tried poetry)

And, there's a whole host of other things that never got completed. Teaching myself sign language. Learning how to cook African cuisine. Stuff like that.

(To be honest, unlike the first two, not learning that stuff was no big loss)

But, I'm going to be graduating soon (And, straight back in for Grad School) and I need to start getting serious.

So, I figure that, if I post my goals, it'll give me a lot more motivation to finish. You know. "Put it writing".

At the very least, it'll take me a lot more time to blow smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment