Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Using Flickr

It was interesting.

To begin with, I liked the fact that anyone with a Yahoo account was automatically registered with Flickr. I just signed in with my regular Yahoo pass and that was that. Very Easy.

I did a search for "Martial Arts" and then narrowed it down to "Hsing-I" and "Savate", the two styles that I practice. I liked a couple of the illustrations found under the Savate search. Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/snakeblocker/58525037/

Savate's a French style, developed during the early 1800's. I love the fact that you've got these guys in top hats and formal coats doing Bruce Lee poses with high kicks and elbow strikes.

Video's a lot better for demonstrating the flavor of a martial art, so I went to Advanced Search and started scanning for videos only. The pickings were much slimmer, with no good choices under Savate and Hsing-I. So, I widened the search to Martial Arts again and I found nothing that really caught my eye.

On a whim, I did a search for Charlie Chaplin and found a video for a great old routine of his. Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarita_xispa/3462185816/

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment