Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ning

First off, great name.

Second, I took the option of not signing up for this network. To start with, I don't have a camera or video recorder (Unless you count my cellphone), so I can't really upload anything onto the Ning networks.

Also, I have to say that I'm a little twitchy about posting too much information for the public to see. For years, we've all recieved warnings about internet safety and heared horror stories about identity theft. I know that if you're carefull, you've got nothing to worry about. Still, the thought of posting so much of myself online causes a bit of a twinge.

I looked through some of the networks. It seems to me that one of the biggest benefits to this from the video postings would be the realm of "How To". Actually seeing something being done speaks louder than the most detailed book on the subject. I typed in cooking and got access to recipes demonstrated online. Pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment