Wednesday, June 3, 2009

More of Facebook

I've joined three groups. Two martial arts (Pa Kua and Savate) and one group for writers. And, I became a fan of an Aikido page (A rather large one, they had over twenty thousand fans)

There's a bit of a gap between the local and the global in terms of content on Facebook. The martial arts page that I'm a fan of and the groups that I've joined are all global. I tried searching on the Dallas/Ft. Worth selection and the results were somewhat skimpy. I then tried to widen the search to Texas in general, but I couldn't make that work.

I've also tried to hunt down old friends that I have not seen in a while. The problem there was that I'm not sure about the details enough to refine the search. For example, the last time I saw Amanda Fowler, she was married. Did she register on Facebook on her maiden name or her married one? Is she even still married? Most of the people that I have enough information to track down with are people that I still stay in touch with and don't need to track down.

Still, this is only the first day that I've tried this. Maybe it'll get easier as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment