Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Twittering Away

Signing up for Twitter was a little bit more involved than the previous one. I had to provide my email password for this, which I'm still questioning. If we assist our patrons in signing up for this service, I anticipate that that will be a particular stumbling block for our more security-minded people.

Also, all the cool names were taken. A minor complaint, sure. But, again, it's something that we'll be hearing about from our patrons. Some nine-year-old wants to twitter under the name of "BobTheMighty", he'll be disaapointed when he finds out that it's gone.

For the record, I don't know if "BobTheMighty" is actually taken yet. After my first dozen choices were ruled invalid, I went with "Savateur10".

What is cool is some of the people on Twitter. One of my favorite authors, Neil Gaiman, is on Twitter and I've signed up to follow him. So is Amanda Fowler, who I've mentioned in a previous post and I've sent an invite to her.

Probably the biggest flaw with Twitter is me. As you may have noticed, I can get pretty wordy sometimes and limiting myself to 140 characters will be very difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment